Monday, February 21, 2005

Sometimes the world wakes up...other times it sleeps

I have come across some interesting things in the news today....

The Simpsons discussed gay marriage and Patty, Marge's sister came out of the closet. It is cool that a cartoon can be so widely accepted and discuss social issues. I wish I had seen the episode...I was too busy watching Edward Scissorhands, oh well. I am sure it will be rerun.

Hunter S. Thompson committed suicide...how sad...what a great thing he did for journalism, however. And of course I love that Johnny Depp played him in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

Sandra Dee from Gidget also died . That show was fun. I remember watching it while growing up.

And Bonnie Rait's dad died also.

Well, folks...that's three. Death always comes in threes. And for some reason I still look at it as a good number. It could be more, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Engine Submission